Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ

Insurance & Billing

Do you accept Medicaid/Medicare?  
Yes, we accept state and federal insurance plans such as Medicaid and Medicare payments.  

Why did I get a bill?

It is important to us that patients have a record of their payment balance.  In some cases, insurance providers will request that patients pay a portion of the cost associated with service, or the full cost if service is not covered.

Should I bring my insurance card with me to the clinic?
Yes, patients are expected to bring their insurance card(s) for every visit.

My prescription has expired. Who should I call? 

Questions pertaining to prescription refills should be directed to your local pharmacist.

Sliding Fee Scale Policy Summary: 
As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), Goshen Medical Center, Inc. is required to provide a sliding fee scale discount to patients who meet the eligibility guidelines. Sliding fee scale patients are those with household incomes that fall at 100% and below poverty up to 200% of federal poverty. The eligibility requirements are based on the federal poverty guidelines published annually by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.


Does the center provide transportation for patients?
No, SIRWC does not provide transportation to or from the center.  SIRWC is, however, conveniently located two blocks from the St. Clair County extension of Metrolink and other public buses.  For details about routes, please visit Metro at
Will I need to come early in order to fill out forms?
Yes. Please come approximately 15 to 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment. 

What information will I need to bring?
Please bring current proof of identification and insurance, lists of medications/prescriptions (including over the counter medications like Advil, cough syrup, etc.), and names of doctors/specialists seen prior to the appointment. For self-pay patients (those paying with anything other than insurance), please bring three of your most recent paycheck stubs. At least half of the payment must be paid at appointment time.

Supporting SIRWC

Is SIRWC a 501(c)(3) organization?  

Yes, we are a Federally Qualified Health Care (FQHC) facility, which is considered a 501(c)(3) organization.

How do I make a donation?  
First of all, we appreciate your willingness to donate. Checks should be payable to the Southern Illinois Regional Wellness Center and addressed to:

1736 Kingshighway                                                                                                     
Washington Park, IL 62204

How can I volunteer at SIRWC?

We are excited to direct supporters to our volunteer opportunities. Please contact Mark Freeland at (618) 874-3120.

Location Information
Our Promise
Doctors and Staff
Our Needs
Interesting links
Frequently Asked Questions